Step by step, this is the story of my journey in growing my faith and finding my true home.

Friday, March 25, 2016

A Holy Good Friday

Today, being Good Friday, I took myself to church. I attended both the Stations of the Cross, and the Celebration of the Lords Passion which followed.

I must say that I found these services more moving than any I had attended in years past.

I know I haven't posted on this blog in some time, but that doesn't mean my journey has halted. I find that the devotional I was given with the daily readings along with a meditation very helpful. (I had to subscribe, they are that good!) It is funny that in the past, the impression I had of Catholics was that they didn't hold the Bible to be of much importance. Instead, I am finding that the various services are full of the Bible. The scriptures seem to breathe through every part of the service giving it life.

I had a chance, today, to have a few words with Fr. Stanly. I want to talk to him about my background and learn what I can do at this stage to participate. I am anxious not to intrude where I shouldn't. But with a year before I can be confirmed, I would like to know what I can do, if anything in the meantime. I told him I would send him an email asking for an appointment, after Easter, when he has a chance to breathe. Now he will know it is from me.

The journey goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment