Step by step, this is the story of my journey in growing my faith and finding my true home.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Coming Home to a Place I've Never Been Before

I don't think I could have picked a better time to take my recent steps on this faith journey than the beginning of Lent. I was going to do a look back today. Instead, after reading last nights meditation based on the lectionary, and reflection on the Ash Wednesday readings, I sense I need to look at where I am.

The Wednesday Old Testament reading talked, with some urgency, about turning back to God. And again, one of the songs was by Gregory Norbert and based on the book of Hosea, "Come back to me, with all your heart. Don't let fear keep us apart." And the words of the refrain, "Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life" seem so to fit where I am in my walk.

I am content with the direction I am traveling. For some time there has been a restlessness in my worship that I couldn't exactly figure out. These last few weeks worshiping at All Saints Catholic Church have touched my heart. I feel I am on the right road.

From the words of John Denver in the title of this post, and Hosea, I feel I am on the right path, that I am going home. And, while I've never been there, I am sure of where I am going.

Home. And the best Sheperd of all time is leading me.

Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment